The Milford Education Foundation is pleased to announce that, due to overwhelming support of the Teacher Mini Grant program, it will be more then doubling the funds available for the grants in the 2014-15 school year (from $5,000 to $12,000). Grant applications will be accepted during both the fall and spring semesters.
The funds awarded by the Foundation will be targeted at projects that will:
- Relate directly to student learning and growth
- Strengthen the curriculum with the development of innovative programs
- Enhance the educational resources available to students
- Provide financial assistance for new educational technologies
- Connect to the foundation’s mission and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math)
As part of the program this year, MEF has three grants that were provided by donors who have designated specific criteria:
- Dr. Matt Paterna Healthcare Education and Leadership Mini-Grant: This grant will fund a project related to encouraging students to focus on healthy living and developing leadership skills.
- Pattie Shea Mini-Grant: This grant will support a project at The Academy.
- Carolyn O’Keefe Arts Mini-Grant: This grant will support a project related to the arts.
Applicants must submit copies of the completed application form, together with any supporting materials, to the Foundation by Monday, December 15, 2014.