Since it’s inception the Milford Education Foundation has been fostering creativity and educational curiosity among the students of the Milford community. Each year we invite students and families of all ages to participate in a variety of events that inspire fun and explode their imaginations.
One of the ways we fund these events throughout the year is through our bi-annual event called the Chair-ity Auction. The event, which raised $13,000 in its first year, is our biggest fundraising effort.
So, why should you support it?
- The money raised supports our teacher mini-grants which allow teachers throughout the city of Milford to apply for a grant to fund an activity/the purchase of an item that they otherwise would not be able to provide for their students.
- The stunning Adirondack chairs (pictured below) built and painted by area students (among MANY others.)
- Our wide array of silent auction items like a Dream Vacation getaway to the French Quarter in New Orleans
- An opportunity to meet many of the great minds who are educating the children of our community
- Our other wonderful events like Minds In Motion, Invention Convention, and Movie Nights
Supporting the Chair-ity Auction is a way to lend a helping hand to the students of our community while having a wonderful night out and the opportunity to bid on these beautifully appointed Adirondack chairs.
The Chair-ity Auction will be held on August 24th. Mark your calendar and then check back here to buy your tickets very soon.